15+ Crochet Winter Beanie Free Patterns
Looking for an easy beanie crochet pattern? We have compiled some beginner-friendly crochet beanie and hat patterns. Some patterns are worked flat while others are worked in the round.
These crochet beanies are great for the upcoming winters. And with the holidays right around the corner, they also make great gift options for friends and family. After all, handmade is always the best!
You will find there are crochet beanies with faux fur pom poms, slouchy beanies, colorful beanies, and almost every type of beanie hat that you can think of in this collection.
Here’re some beginner-friendly free patterns for crochet beanies that we love!
This crochet beanie is worked in rounds with two rings of bead stitches in the middle that make the beanie look unique.
- Pattern: Cypress Beanie by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- Yarn: Red Heart Soft
Aspen Mountain Beanie
The crochet beanie reflects the right balance between sophisticated and casual. The pattern uses basic crochet stitches in a unique way to give the hat a slouchy feel.
- Pattern: Aspen Mountain Beanie by yokieB
- Yarn: Super bulky weight yarn like Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Patons Plaid Slouchy Beanie
It is a cool looking beanie that’ll keep your kids warm thanks to the Patons wool yarn used to make this crochet beanie.
Crochet Yara Beanie
It is a quick and easy pattern if you know the basic crochet stitches like single crochet and double crochet. The crochet beanie has a great texture that looks cozy and warm!
Red Heart Stripes For Your Beanie
A perfectly unique but classic beanie that you can customize as per your color preferences! You can choose any color for the stripes to make it uniquely yours!
- Pattern: Red Heart Stripes for Your Beanie Free Crochet Pattern from Yarnspirations
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Chunky
Striped Crochet Beanie: Wilhelmina Beanie
The crochet beanie is quick and fun to make using a feather stitch that gives it great texture. You can add a variety of colors to this warm striped crcohet beanie as per your choice for customization.
- Pattern: Wilhelmina Beanie Free Crochet Pattern by Through The Loop Yarn Craft
- Yarn: Red Heart With Love
Red Heart Crochet Granny Beanie
Work in rounds to make this beanie with a classic granny pattern using basic crochet stitches. You can choose any alternating colors for the granny clusters to make it stylish and cozy.
Crochet Big Bay Beanie
A multicolored beanie that you can make with any of the Caron x Pantone line yarn collection.
Top Down Crochet TC Beanie
A colorful and fitted crochet beanie that works up quickly. You can use any neutral color as the base and then add a splash of color!
- Pattern: Top Down Crochet TC Beanie Pattern from Traverse Bay Crochet
- Yarn: Medium worsted weight yarn like Red Heart Super Saver, Bernat Super Value, Caron One Pound
Great Lakes Beanie Crochet Pattern
This crochet beanie uses basic stitches to make a unique design and texture. The pattern is worked in rounds all the way.
- Pattern: Great Lakes Beanie Crochet Pattern from Crochet 365 Knit Too
- Yarn: Vanna’s Choice Yarn, Lion Brand Wool-Ease
The Trip Stitch Beanie: A Free Crochet Pattern
It is a fun textured hat that uses a simple stitch combination. It looks like bobbles are swirling up to the top of the hat even without making any bobble stitch!
- Pattern: The Trip Stitch Beanie: A Free Crochet Pattern from Crafting for Weeks
- Yarn: Lion Brand Heartland
Alabaster Slouch Beanie
It is a stylish and functional slouchy beanie pattern that is beginner-friendly. It uses cluster stitches and is crocheted in the round.
Watson Waffle Crochet Hat
A fantastic-looking crochet hat with an overall pattern of tiny little squares will keep you warm and stylish! The pattern is simple and easy to follow.
- Pattern: Watson Waffle Crochet Hat from Lakeside Loops
- Yarn: Any sport yarn like Bernat Baby Big Ball Sport Yarn
November Twilight Crochet Slouch Hat Pattern for Women
Another slouch hat with a rustic yet feminine appearance. It is very simple to crochet and will work up quickly so it’s a great gift idea!
- Pattern: November Twilight Crochet Slouch Hat Pattern for Women from Kirsten Holloway Designs
- Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Ridge Walk Hat – Easy Crochet Winter Hat Pattern
A classic looking crochet beanie with ‘faux’ rib effects! You only need to know basic single crochet stitch and you’re good to go!
The Classic Ribbed Beanie – Free Crochet Pattern
And finally the actual classic ribbed beanie! It is one of the easiest crochet ribbed beanies that you can make. The crochet beanie is worked flat and then joined together.
- Pattern: The Classic Ribbed Beanie – Free Crochet Pattern from Aabhar Creations
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
These are our favorite 15+ crochet beanie free patterns! Which of these patterns are you trying this winter season to keep you and your family warm?
If you are looking for more free crochet patterns to try, check out these posts:
- Christmas Flower Crochet Coasters – Free Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
- Dreamsicle Spa Set – Free Crochet Pattern 4-in-1 Bundle
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through our links. Please see the full disclosure for more information.
Which amongst these is your favorite free crochet pattern of the winter crochet beanie? Share in the comments below! And Save This Pin, so you always have access to some of the best free crochet patterns out there for winter beanies!