Knit with Aabhar – Wishbone & Seed Cable Stitch
Wishbone & Seed Cable Stitch knitting pattern combines cable stitches and seed stitches. Because of how the cables are shaped, it is named ‘Wishbone,’ where the interior is filled with ‘Seed’ stitches appearing like pomegranates. Like the Small Double Cable stitch, the twining chains look like wishbones stringed on a thread.
Wishbone & Seed Cable stitch is a perfect knitting pattern to feature prominently in sweaters and pullovers. It also looks great intermixed with other cable stitches like Textured Cable Stitch. You can make a single panel of the pattern in the front of the wearable or multiple panel repeats to create a highly textured fabric.
Video Tutorial – Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: Aabhar Creations
Panel of 12 stitches
This free knit pattern is written in US terms. You can also check out other standard knit abbreviations.
|4-st RMC||4-stitch Right Moss Stitch Cable (sl 3 on to CN, hold in back, k1, then p1, k1, p1 from CN)|
|4-st LMC||4-stitch Left Moss Stitch Cable (sl 1 on to CN, hold in front, k1, p1, k1, then k1 from CN)|
Special stitches: (making cable stitches without using a cable needle)
4-st RMC (4-stitch Right Moss Stitch Cable) –
- Insert the right needle into the front of 4th stitch on the left needle and slip it, letting the first 3 stitches drop off the needle towards the back of your work.
- Pick up the dropped stitches with the left needle, then transfer the slipped stitch back to the left needle. (The stitches are now twisted.)
- k1, p1, k1, p1.
4-st LMC (4-stitch Left Moss Stitch Cable) –
- Insert the right needle into the back of 2nd, 3rd and 4th stitches on the left needle and slip them, letting the 1st stitch drop off the needle towards the front of your work.
- Pick up the dropped stitch with the left needle, then transfer the 3 slipped stitches back to the left needle. (The stitches are now twisted.)
- k1, p1, k1, k1.
CO multiple of 12 sts for the panel.
|Row 1 (RS):||p2, 4-st RMC, 4-st LMC, p2.|
|Row 2:||k2, [p1, k1] 3 times, p2, k2.|
|Row 3:||p2, [k1, p1] 3 times, k2, p2.|
|Row 4:||Rep Row 2.|
|Row 5:||Rep Row 3.|
|Row 6:||Rep Row 2.|
|Row 7:||p2, k1, p1, k3, p1, k2, p2.|
|Row 8:||k2, p1, k1, p3, k1, p2, k2.|
Repeat this free knit pattern (8 rows) until you have reached the desired length for your work.
We love seeing your finished projects! Share any project you make using this free knitting pattern for the Wishbone & Seed Cable Stitch on Instagram, and be sure to tag us @aabharcreations or #aabharcreations. Or, if you’re on Facebook, visit our page, AabharCreations and share a pic. We would absolutely love to see your work!
Pin it for later so you can always access excellent knit pattern tutorials from the series ‘Knit with Aabhar‘!
Check out other easy-to-learn beginner-friendly ‘Cable‘ knitting patterns:
- Staghorn Cable Stitch Pattern
- Pyramid Stitch Pattern
- Double Rhombus Stitch Pattern
- Diagonal Cable Stitch Pattern