Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. And what better way to show you care than giving your loved ones something hand knit made using free Valentine knitting patterns!
We have rounded up some cute and adorable free knitting pattern for Valentine’s Day so that you can knit your way into your loved ones heart!
Some of these patterns include stuffed cushions, while others feature heart motifs in their knitting patterns. And since we are talking about knitting, some of these projects are a bit more complex and time consuming than others.
So, take your needles and knit a special heart for your loved ones!
#1 Red Heart Valentine Mug Hug
Warm up with this fun knit cup cozy designed with a symbol of your love. It will keep your warm beverages insulated and let them stay warm for a little bit longer.
#2 Intarsia Heart Gift Bag
A quick knitting project that will add a personal touch to your gift! It uses basic stocking stitch and garter stitch with intarsia work so it’s easy to make even if you are a noob.
- Pattern: Intarsia Heart Gift Bag by Nicky Barfoot from LoveCraft
- Yarn: Bernat Softee DK Light Worsted Yarn
#3 Lay My Love Cushion Cover
These knitted cushion covers with a heart design are a perfect idea for home decor on Valentine’s Day as you celebrate the day together with your partner.
#4 I Heart Fixation Socks
These socks with cute little tiny hearts will be perfect if your partner has cold feet!
#5 Heart Hat “Romantic”
This lively romantic hat is knitted in Jacquard technique with a pattern of multiple heart motifs all around. Overall, it’s a warm, bright, and cute hat that you can make in colors of your choice.
- Pattern: Heart Hat “Romantic” Free Knitting Pattern from craftox.com
- Yarn: Super fine yarn like Patons Kroy Socks Yarn
#6 Red Heart Be Still My Heart Pillow
Send your partner a faux fur huggable heart pillow to express your love on the occasion of Valentine’s Day. This is a super easy project that you can knit in a very short time!
#7 Bernat Monster For Your Love
Create this cute monster with a heart to add to your gifts and give them to anyone you hold dear this Valentine’s Day. This knit monster is simply adorable!
#8 Pocket Hearts
These tiny knit hearts can hold a small gift, a Valentine message, and even small chocolate. Or you can even make a tiny heart inside the heart! You can decorate with tiny flowers or leave them plain.
- Pattern: Pocket Hearts by Frankie Brown from Ravelry
- Yarn: Any DK weight yarn like Patons Classic Wool DK Yarn
#9 A Card For Valentine’s Day
You can assemble your own Valentine’s Day card with this little heart motif. The best part, you can use the pattern of the motif for making washcloths and blankets.
- Pattern: A Card For Valentine’s Day by Eleanor King
- Yarn: Any 4-ply fingering weight yarn like AndeanSun Alpaca Yarn
#10 Valentine Mail Monster
This Valentine Mail Monster is all set to spread Valentine’s love to your loved ones! With its cute mailbag carrying tiny treats, it will surely become a favorite for children and teens.
- Pattern: Valentine Mail Monster by Becca Brody
- Yarn: Any worsted weight yarn like Red Heart Super Saver
These are our favorite 10 Valentine’s Day knits and their free knitting patterns!
Now, its your turn to knit your way into someone’s heart! Which amongst these is your favorite project? Let us know in the comments below.
Check out other knitting pattern roundups:
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Ideas – Knitting Edition
- Dog Bandanas: 10 Free Crochet & Knit Bandana Patterns for Your Furry Friends!
- 20 Free Crochet & Knit Patterns for DIY Face Masks
- 10 Free Knit Patterns for Independence Day
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the full disclosure for more information.
Save This Pin, so you always have access to some of the best and simple free Valentine knitting patterns!