Love is love and the world definitely needs more of it! Spread your sunshine during the month of June, the Pride month, by showing off your PRIDE! And not just for this month, celebrate your identity all year long with these free crochet and knitting patterns.
We have collected our favorite free patterns for knitting and crochet to celebrate Pride month. If you are ready to show off your PRIDE, these free patterns will be perfect for you.
Here we have rounded up 11 free patterns for crochet and knitting projects for Pride month! These patterns include wearables, badges, and flags mainly.
#1 Be Brave Wall Hanging – Free Crochet Pattern
A wall hanging that’s not only perfect for Pride month but a good message overall. There’s only one crochet stitch in the whole pattern – single crochet – making it a super easy pattern to follow.
#2 Pride Day Crochet Crop Top – Free Crochet Pattern
This crochet top is a great beginner-level project if you are venturing into crochet clothing as it only uses half double crochet and double crochet stitches. So, rock a rainbow this Pride month and celebrate with your friends!
- Pattern: Pride Day Crochet Crop Top from Crochet with Kim
- Yarn: Any weight 2 yarn like Iceyarns Denim Yarn
#3 Orlando Pride – Free Knitting Pattern
This hat is knitted in the round with circular needles. You can customize the free knitting pattern by either writing ‘Pride’ or your own name on the cap!
- Pattern: Orlando Pride by Jen Giuntoli from Ravelry
- Yarn: Any DK yarn like Patons Classic Wool DK Yarn
#4 Teeny Rainbow for Pride Month – Free Knitting Pattern
Knit some rainbows as Pride badges, jewelry, bag charms, or hang from mobiles. You can customize and modify the completed rainbow to make either of these and show off during Pride month.
- Pattern: Teeny Rainbow for Pride Month by Amanda Berry from Ravelry
- Yarn: Fingering yarn like Patons Baby Smiles Fairytale
#5 Pride Scrunchie – Free Crochet Pattern
Use leftover yarn from any of your Pride month projects, and you can make this beautiful scrunchie using this free crochet pattern. It’s ruffly, bright, vibrant, and perfect for pride!
#6 LGBTQIA+ Pride Blanket – Free Crochet Pattern
You can make a one piece blanket using this free crochet pattern for Pride month. You can choose the colors of gay pride or any others depending on your preference.
- Pattern: LGBTQIA+ Pride Blanket by Beck Liberatore from Ravelry
- Yarn: Worsted weight yarn like Lion Brand Heartland
#7 Pride Socks – Free Knitting Pattern
Show your pride in knitting and your identity with a pair of striking striped socks! They have a cable stitch running along the sides that makes the pattern unique.
- Pattern: Pride Socks by Subversively Stitched from Ravelry
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of The Andes Worsted Weight Yarn
#8 Pride Socks: Love is Love – Free Knitting Pattern
“Love is love” is a popular slogan in the LGBTQ+ community, and if you don’t like wearing rainbow-themed clothes, this free knitting pattern is perfect for you. It’s an intermediate-level pattern that will certainly help refine your knitting skills!
- Pattern: Pride Socks: Love is Love from Nimble Needles
- Yarn: Fingering yarn like Knit Picks Hawthorne
#9 Mini Rainbow Pride Flag – Free Crochet Pattern
The rainbow pattern of this Pride Flag is one of the fifteen flags that celebrate the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community. You can change the colors to non-binary pride, transgender pride, gay pride, or any of the others – whichever flag you identify with most!
- Pattern: Mini Rainbow Pride Flag from Unicorn Hideout
- Yarn: Medium worsted weight yarn like Caron One Pound
#10 All Inclusive LGBTQ Flag – Free Crochet Pattern
Make this crochet flag to show support for the LGBTQ+ community. It is an all-inclusive flag with eleven colors that represent the community and people who identify as transgender, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning, and whose sexual and gender identities are not represented in the cisgender, heteronormative narrative. Place it outside your home and show that it is a safe space where ‘love is love.’
#11 LGBTQ+Equality for Shawl – Free Knitting Pattern
The free knitting pattern for the shawl combines the rainbow design and the trans flag colors. The pattern is simple, and you can change the colors to the ones you identify with the most!
- Pattern: LGBTQ+Equality for Shawl by nycraft craftivist from Ravelry
- Yarn: Fingering yarn like Knit Picks Stroll Yarn
These free crochet and knitting patterns are the ones that we liked the most when we think about celebrating Pride month. There are several other patterns with rainbow pride design, but we focused on trying to find the most inclusive patterns for the whole community for this one!
Which ones will you be making to celebrate Pride month? Let us know in the comments. We are always looking for more ideas to add to our growing collection!
Happy PRIDE Month!
If you are looking for more free patterns to try, check out these posts:
- Dog Bandanas: 10 Free Crochet & Knit Bandana Patterns for Your Furry Friends!
- Santa Face Mask for Kids
- Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
- 12+ Free Crochet Patterns for Cat Beds to Make Your Feline Friend Happy!
- 20 Free Crochet & Knit Patterns for DIY Face Masks
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the full disclosure for more information.
Which amongst these is your favorite free pattern for crochet or knitting projects to celebrate Pride month? Share in the comments below! And Save This Pin, so you always have access to some of the best and simple free patterns to show your pride!