Mother’s Day Home Decor Gifts Ideas: Free Patterns to Crochet and Knit
Mother’s Day is almost here, and if your mom loves home decor, these free patterns to knit and crochet will certainly make her day very special! These Mother’s Day home decor gifts can be made quickly (at least in some cases!). The gifts made by you will be the best type of present for mom!
If you are looking to make something wearable for spring/summer, check out Mother’s Day Free Patterns of Spring/Summer Wearables for Mom. It includes a collection of summer scarves, wraps, and even super-soft spa slippers.
Here we have rounded up 10 free patterns for crochet and knitting home decor gift ideas for Mother’s Day! These patterns include kitchen decor, cushion covers, garden decor, and more.
#1 Picot Pillow – Free Crochet Pattern
A modern design pillow with a beautiful texture will be a perfect gift on Mother’s Day for moms who love home decor. The free pattern is simple and works up fast with bulky yarn. You can modify the pattern easily to make a cushion cover of any size.
- Pattern: Picot Pillow from Who’s Homemade
- Yarn: Any bulky (5) weight yarn like Bernat Maker Home Decor
#2 Calico Collection Cable Knit Pillow – Free Knitting Pattern
This intermediate-level free knitting pattern makes a beautiful 14-row intertwined cable design on a cushion cover. It is a perfect home decor gift idea for Mother’s Day.
- Pattern: Calico Collection Cable Knit Pillow from Joann
- Yarn: Aran weight yarn like Caron One Pound
#3 Crochet Flower Pot Hanging Basket – Free Crochet Pattern
A quick crochet pot hanging basket will spruce up any simple-looking flower pot. It is quite stretchable, so it’ll be able to fit in any size of planter.
- Pattern: Crochet Flower Pot Hanging Basket from Repeat Crafter Me
- Yarn: Worsted weight yarn like Lion Brand Heartland
#4 Planting Seeds Flower Pot Cozy – Free Crochet Pattern
Planting Seed Flower Pot Cozy is a great gift for a mom who loves to get her hands dirty! This free pattern will help you make something for Mother’s Day that will lighten up the plants she has on her windowsill.
- Pattern: Planting Seeds Flower Pot Cozy from mooglyblog
- Yarn: Worsted weight yarn like Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie
#5 Ceres Decorated Basket – Free Knitting Pattern
This basket with handles looks elegant and complex. But, the pattern is simple to follow, especially for knitters familiar with the craft. The flower and leaves embellishment makes it look attractive. The Ceres Decorated Basket will certainly be a perfect home decor gift for Mother’s Day!
- Pattern: Ceres Decorated Basket by Charmaine Fletcher from Deramores Studio DK
- Yarn: Deramores Studio DK and Deramores Studio Chunky
#6 Red Heart Fringed Knit Basket – Free Knitting Pattern
The free knitting pattern for this fringe basket is very simple. You can make it as an independent Mother’s Day gift or use it as a gift basket for the occasion. For fringe, you can choose your mom’s favorite colors that will match with her home decor!
- Pattern: Red Heart Fringed Knit Basket from Yarnspirations
- Yarn: Red Heart Bunches of Hugs Yarn
#6 Crochet Pineapple Hot Pad – Free Crochet Pattern
Pineapple Crochet Hot Pad will be a bright and cheeky addition to your mom’s kitchen this Mother’s Day!
- Pattern: Pineapple Crochet Hot Pad Pattern from Petals to Picot
- Yarn: Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton
#8 Lily Sugar’n Cream Pie or Casserole Carrier – Free Knitting Pattern
For a mom who loves to cook for everyone, gift her a Cream Pie of Casserole Carrier so she can carry her favorite dish for the next potluck. The free knitting pattern is simple and quick, and you can easily make this one for Mother’s Day.
- Pattern: Lily Sugar’n Cream Pie or Casserole Carrier from Yarnspirations
- Yarn: Lily Sugar’n Cream The Original Yarn
#9 Moonlight Reflection Carpet – Free Knitting Pattern
A simple but unique design with ripple stripes, garter stitch, and short rows. The free pattern of Moonlight Reflection carpet works up quickly and will add to your mom’s home decor on Mother’s Day.
- Pattern: Moonlight Reflection Carpet from DROPS Design
- Yarn: Aran weight yarn like Caron One Pound
#10 Crochet Super Chunky Wool Rug – Free Crochet Pattern
Another simple and free pattern that can work up quickly in no time! You can choose your mom’s favorite colors and makes this Chunky Wool Rug as a gift for Mother’s Day.
- Pattern: Crochet Super Chunky Wool Rug from Whistle and Ivy
- Yarn: Super chunky yarn like Knit Picks Tuff Puff or Bernat Softee Chunky
All these free patterns for Mother’s Day will brighten up your mom’s place and make her think about you every time she looks at the handmade gift! We hope that you enjoyed our collection of Mother’s Day free patterns for home decor items.
What are you planning to make this year for mom? Let us know in the comments. We are always looking for more ideas to add to our growing collection!
If you are looking for more free patterns to try, check out these posts:
- Crochet & Knit for International Women’s Day
- Fall In Love Again This Valentine’s Day With These Free Crochet Patterns
- Santa Face Mask for Kids
- Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through our links. Please see the full disclosure for more information.
Which amongst these is your favorite free pattern that you are going to use to make the best Mother’s Day gift? Share in the comments below! And Save This Pin, so you always have access to some of the best and simple free patterns for home decor gifts that you can make for your mom!